1 Taekwondo is a Korean martial art and the national sport of South Korea
2, It is recognised as one of the oldest forms of martial arts in the world dating back over 2000 years
3, There are over 4 million people around the world who are black belts, Out of an estimated 70 Million people in 188 countries practicing Taekwondo.
3. There is a belt system, there are 6 colours starting with white, yellow, Green, Blue, Red, and Black
3, Taekwondo is both a martial art and a combat sport.
4, Taekwondo training generally includes a system of blocks, kicks, punches, and open-handed strikes
7. There is more to taekwondo then just kicks, Blocks and punches, Concentration, Discipline, Self defence and fitness are also key
5. Taekwondo is one of only two martial arts to be included in the Olympics (the other is Judo)
6. In the competing events of Taekwondo in the Olympics, only sparring technique is allowed
10. Taekwondo can also be seen in Chuck Norris, Jean-Claude Van Damme and Tony Jaa movies, as well as many Hong Kong action films.